We’re looking for an experienced Shopify Developer to join our ecommerce agency. You’ll be responsible for creating modern, engaging user experiences for consumer-facing brands and solving technical problems. You’ll be working with clients on recommending sustainable technical solutions and advising on potential MVPs that may help them get to market quickly before building upon further functionality.
Why are we Hiring?
WIRO is an established Ecommerce Agency specialising in Shopify working with clients on a growth-basis. We’ve delivered HUNDREDS of sites, optimised to the CX best practices. However, we want to up our game with how we scale our clients’ growth. That’s where you come in! You’ll help us audit, roadmap, improve and evolve our clients' Shopify sites.
As a small agency, your input will have a massive impact! Through working to deliver best practice technical solutions, you’ll build strong relationships with our clients and come up with ideas and initiatives that will feed directly into our design and development team.
Our Vision ~ Becoming the gold standard in industry-leading ecommerce strategy
At WIRO, we harbour colossal aspirations to soar as a cutting-edge Shopify and ecommerce growth agency and eclipse them all. Our unyielding vision is to revolutionise our inner workings, shatter industry norms, and firmly entrench our distinguished prowess. We're not just aiming to become another player in industry-leading ecommerce strategy; we're intent on becoming the gold standard. So, brace yourselves as we chart the course towards boundless excellence and growth together. The future of ecommerce awaits, and WIRO is poised to lead the charge.
What you will be doing
You'll be part of a team that plans and executes the development phase of client projects.
- Build responsive websites and web applications
- Browser and device test all of your work
- Collaborate directly with our designers to turn design prototypes into fully functional websites and web apps.
- Communicate technical solutions to team members in a clear and concise manner.
- Attend client meetings when required
- Create technical documentation
- BAU work
What experience you’ll bring
- Familiarity with JS based build tooling (inc. Webpack, Babel etc.)
- Experience with Shopify CLI
- Strong focus on working to a deadline
- Experience with Git version control
- A good understanding of SEO requirements
- Knowledge of functional and object oriented programming paradigms
- Understanding the differences between server-side and client-side rendering, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each
- Testing experience.
Nice to Have:
- Some experience in building modular and reusable components and/or libraries
- Experienced in writing backend services in Node.js
- Experience with continuous integration and deployments
We’re a small team, who make a big impact. Our core aim is to make awesome customer experiences and deliver incredible ecommerce sites on Shopify, as easily as possible. We are proud of the fact that our team have a positive work life balance!
- Experience Always prioritise the experience and success of our clients.
- Innovation Embrace creativity and innovation to stay at the forefront of ecommerce trends.
- Collaboration Foster a culture of collaboration and open communication within our team and with clients.
- Integrity Act with honesty, transparency, and ethics at the heart of all our business dealings.
- Learning Commit to ongoing learning and development to stay ahead in the ever-evolving ecommerce landscape.
- Accountability Take responsibility for our work and deliver on promises.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 🦾 Work with established as well as up and coming brands, with real passion for eCommerce
- 🥇 Award-winning est. agency
- 💺 Remote + hybrid working
- ⏰ Flexible working
- 🏝 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- ☀️ Strategy retreats
- 📅 +1 day holiday, every year
- 💻 MacBook Pro + equipment
- 🎟 Team socials + events
- 📈 Personal growth in small team
- 💰 Contributed pension
- ⚽️ Hospitality box at Ipswich Town Football Club
- 🚀 Work with cool eCom brands
- 🍔 Team Workshops + Learning
- Monday to Friday
- A-Level or equivalent (preferred)
- Shopify Development: 3 years (preferred)
- Agency: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote